We provide to our riding friends - free - the following amenities:
- Primitive (Good Weather only) Camping and 2 horses with individual pens
- Primitive Camping with ATRA Sponsored Events....Free
- Camping with electric and water hook ups....free but limited
- Fishing Poles and bait.......Free
- Lakeside campfire cook out.......Free, if you catch it!
- Pets under control are welcome and......Free
- Trail Maps......Free
- Accompanied Rides........Free (time permitting)
- Covered Stalls bedded and cleaned daily......$10.00
- Outdoor Pens cleaned daily.........$5.00 each
- Horses hand grazed/walked, bathed, groomed, fed your feed and settled in....$5.00 each
- Hay and feed available, farrier close at hand.
- Year Round Boarding Offered
Contact: Woodswitch Farm
From Mena, Arkansas - take Hwy 8 West traveling 13 miles towards Oklahoma - Woodswitch will be on your right at the gray board fence with the American flag on it.
From Interstate 20 in Texas - Take 155 north off of I 20 - (from here you are 4 hours to the farm) stay on 155 to Big Sandy then Gilmer. After Gilmer stay on 155 to 259 - take a left on 259 and go through Lone Star staying on 259. Stay on 259 through Idabel. Oklahoma, then through Broken Bow staying on 259. Continue on 259 going through several small towns like Hochatown, Beavers Bend then on through the Smithville area staying on 259 (past Hwy 4) over the Kiamichi Mountains on to the Ouachita Mountains still staying on 259 until Hwy 63 at Big Cedar – take a right (east) on 63 going 11 miles to the Arkansas border then we are 3 miles past the border – go over 4 small bridges (very small) and our driveway is part of one of the bridges on the LEFT – you will see an American flag flying on the gray fence. Hwy 63 turns into Hwy 8 in Arkansas so don’t be confused by the number change. Just count bridges when you get to the Arkansas border.
From Fort Smith, Arkansas - take 540 south going into Oklahoma, then take 112 south through Poteau, after Poteau take 59/270 and going through Howe, Heavener, Hodgens and into the Ouachita Mountains taking a right on 259 continue past the scenic drive Hwy 1, then on to Big Cedar. Take Hwy 63 in Big Cedar (which is only a cross road) going left (east) on 63 going 11 miles to the Arkansas border then we are 3 miles past the border – go over 4 small bridges (very small) and our driveway is part of one of the bridges on the LEFT – you will see an American flag flying on the gray fence. Hwy 63 turns into Hwy 8 in Arkansas so don’t be confused by the number change. Just count bridges when you get to the Arkansas border.
See you soon!
Please note - ALL BIG RIGS MUST ENTER THE FARM FROM THE EAST (you must be heading west). From the west go past the farm for 1/2 mile and turn at the intersection and come back.
Our gate is always open for you! Come ride with us!