|Wedding Planning Calendar Checklist
|This checklist will help you in planning the most important day of your life. Feel free to print it out or fill in online now and give copies to those helping to plan your wedding.|
- Choose the kind of wedding you will have, date and time.
- Discuss the budget, and who will pay for what.
- Consider hiring a wedding coordinator.
- Make arrangements with the officiator.
- Reserve the wedding and reception locations.
- Select your wedding dress, veil and accessories.
- Choose the bridesmaids, groomsmen, ushers, and honored roles.
- Have a formal black/white photo sitting for announcements.
- Send announcements of your engagement to your fiancé's and your local and hometown newspapers.
- Meet with the florist, photographer, caterer, videographer, and D.J. or entertainment to discuss budgets and options.
- Discuss the guest list with fiancé and families.
- Plan reception music.
- Contact a rental coordinator for equipment reservations.
- Discuss honeymoon and reservations. (Traditionally the groom makes all the honeymoon arrangements.)
- Arrange for time off work, if necessary.
- Buy a wedding planner and envelopes to store brochures and notes.
- Develop record-keeping system for invitations, gifts, and thank-you notes.
- Plan new living arrangements and home furnishings.
- Select and register wedding gifts and patterns.
- Select color scheme.
- Order dress and accessories.
- Order bridesmaids' dresses, shoes and accessories.
- Contact men's formal wear specialist for men's attire.
- Have parents select attire.
- Order invitations, announcements, programs, napkins, matchbooks, and personal stationery.
- Arrange for physical examinations, dental appointments, etc.
- Choose and order wedding bands and engraving.
- Order wedding cake.
- Check state/county marriage license requirements.
- Plan ceremony, reception, menus, master of ceremonies, music, and timetables.
- Plan rehearsal dinner, cook-out and bridesmaids' luncheon.
- Complete guest list and address invitations.
- Make arrangements for lodging for out-of-town guests.
- Purchase gifts for attendants and groom.
- Plan reception seating, if necessary.