FAQS & TIPS
How can I save water?
- Replace old toilets with a low flush toilets that use 1.28 gallons of water per flush.
- Inspect and have all leaking plumbing, faucets and toilets repaired.
- Install new water saving faucets and shower heads.
How do I know if my toilet is Running?
- Add a few drops of food coloring to your toilet tank water and let it sit or ten minutes, if then the color shows up in the bowl (without flushing) then your toilet is running.
How do I know if I have hard water in my home?
- A typical sign of hard water is white spots on dishes, glasses and plumbing fixtures.
- All homeowners should know how to turn their water off in their home, in case of emergencies.
- A dripping tub spout or faucet is usually a sign of a worn stem and or seat.
- A running toilet can potentially over work a well pump and significantly decrease the water in your well.
- Having no sediment/iron filter before water conditioning equipment can clog up the equipment and the plumbing fixtures in a home.