PASTOR’S NEW YEAR LETTER
Dear Victory Family and Friends,
Greetings! What a year 2019 has been! All of us had our ups and downs. There are several lessons we can learn from 2019:
• Trials come to all of us. They seem to be custom designed for each of us.
• Every trial has a life cycle. Kind of like the flu!
• The outcome may not be to our liking, but it will be for our best.
• The ultimate purpose of trial is to get us to turn to Christ. The sooner, the better!
• God is faithful. He always has and He always will. He will never forsake His people.
As we look to 2020, it is easy to become discouraged and negative. Let me urge you to trust God to make it the best one ever! In fact, Hebrews 11:6 reminds us that “without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” Just when things seem to be hopeless, God does His miracles! He wants to do that in your life, your family, your work, and even our nation.
He is already doing some exciting things at Victory! It is about lifting Jesus Christ so that people may see Him and be saved. Our goal at Victory is to “Make Christ Visible.”
Let me urge you to do the following:
• Pray that God will guard us against the enemy. Satan always has something up his sleeves.
• Resolve to know Christ better in 2020. Further resolve to lean upon Him and trust Him.
• Resolve to give your tithes and offerings to the Lord. He doesn’t need it, but you do! Malachi 3:10 “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the Lord of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.
• Remember to reach out to people with the Good News of Christ.
I pray for each if you daily and look forward to travelling 2020 with you! May our Lord and Savior be someone to whom we can turn in our weak, joyful and painful moments. May He be our rock, our shelter and our strength.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020
Dr. Walter Tolbert, Sr. Pastor
To raise up a body of believers who will know how to use the
Word of God to overcome the wiles of the devil.
To become victorious over all strongholds and situations in their lives.
Membership is granted to individuals who have committed to and are in agreement with the following:
Benefits of Membership
|To be spiritually covered under the guidance of a local pastor, who will lead as the Holy Spirit dictates. (Hebrews. 13:17)|
|To receive aid in ministry for saints as well as sinners. (Matthew 28:19-20)|
|To strengthen the bonds of love and kinship. (Philippians. 2:1-4)|
To be part of a family of believers. (I Corinthians. 12:12-14)
Designed/Maintained by Jackie