2014 STAR & HUDSON SPEEDWAY ROADRUNNER RULES
The objective of this class is to promote "stock car" racing as an affordable sport, encouraging racers to have fun and not just spend more money in their efforts to build a winning race car. Roadrunner cars must be STOCK 4 CYLINDER cars off the street with modifications for safety and NO made for racing parts. The intent of the rules is to keep the cost of purchasing and preparing a competitive Roadrunner car as low as possible. The Roadrunner class is intended to provide a low cost and safe "learning experience" and a lot of fun for the beginning driver. There are a lot of opportunities to spend more money building a race car than is required to build a Roadrunner car. If you want to spend a lot of money, or build a "race" race car, DO NOT build a Roadrunner car. Efforts to "bend" or take advantage of any "loopholes" in these rules will not be tolerated. It is impossible for these rules to provide for every situation that might occur; therefore, management is given discretion, following the intent of this class, to use their judgment concerning any changes in these rules at any time should it be deemed necessary to insure more equal competition. Management reserves the right to impose weight penalties as deemed necessary to any car or cars that seem to dominate the field and hurt competition(See #11 below).
1. NO mirrors and NO radios allowed.
2. Any production passenger car with maximum wheelbase of 100.4 inches. No convertibles permitted. NO Mazda RX-7 allowed. No mid-engine or rear engine models.
3. Doors must be neatly welded shut. Minimum ground clearance is 5 ½ inches.
4. Cars must use completely stock engine and drivetrain as came in that model car. No V-4 or air cooled engines permitted. NO turbochargers allowed. Maximum 2 valves per cylinder only; maximum 2.5 liter displacement; stock carburetor or stock fuel injection required; Single stock 350 CFM Holley 2 bbl carb with maximum 1.00 inch thick straight bore adapter plate is allowed. Ford products 2200cc & over - Maximum cam lift at valve is .480.
5. The following 16 valve cars will be allowed. All must meet 100.4 maximum factory wheelbase rule. NO inter changing engines. Base right side weight minimum is 1125 pounds.
Chrysler Corp. – Shadow, Daytona, Spirit; Honda – CRX, Civic; Ford – Escort; Toyota; Nissan - Sentra, Stanza, 240 SX, VW – Golf, Scirrocco
NO - Acura, Porsche, Mazda, BMW, Lexus, Hyundai
6. All cars must use completely stock suspension for that make, year and model. "CAMBER RULE" has been dropped.
7. Only tires permitted are D.O.T. approved standard, passenger car radial tires. Minimum tread wear number must be at least 200. MUST BE MINIMUM 60 SERIES. Maximum width is 195 series. All four tires must be same size and series. NO "retreaded" or "recapped" tires allowed. NO tire softener allowed..
NOTE: In addition to the above, American Racer 705 X 7 X 13 or 705 23 X 7 X 14 will also be allowed.
Tires and service are available from Dave Lind Race Tires 1-508-384-3140.
Wheels must be STOCK steel, maximum 7"wide and bolt to stock hubs. Maximum back space is 3 (three) inches. All four wheels must be same size and offset. No spacers or adapter plates allowed.
8. Four posted roll cage is required with four door bars and adequate cross bracing (Min. 1.75 Dia. X .095 wall tubing). All rub rails must be flush mounted to body panels with no sharp ends or edges. One rail per side same height as axle.
9. All glass except the windshield must be removed. Full windshield or Lexan is required. Only side windows allowed are rear quarter windows.
10. Rear spoilers and lower body side skirting are allowed.
11. All cars with engines of 2000 cc displacement and less must weigh a minimum of 975 right side weight and cars with engines over 2000 cc displacement to 2500cc must weigh a minimum of 1125 pounds right side weight, with driver strapped in, immediately after feature, NO allowances. An additional 50 lbs right side weight will be required after 2 (two) feature wins. Each additional win after 2 will require an additional 30 pounds right side weight.
12. Approved exhaust system and muffler is required. Must meet tech inspector’s approval or car will not be allowed to race. Morosso #94050 or #94051 are recommended.
13. No drivers from other higher divisions will be allowed to compete. Star and Hudson Enduro series drivers are permitted and will retain their enduro eligibility. Prior Roadrunner champions will begin season with an additional 100 lbs rightside weight. (see #11 above)
1. All cars must be neatly painted and lettered. Major body damage and paint work must be repaired by next race meet.
2. Numbers will be assigned by track officials; no letters or 3 digit numbers; track may re-assign numbers to avoid duplication.
3. All cars must have contrasting numbers painted a minimum of 4" in upper left corner of windshield and in right rear taillight area. Min 16" on both doors and roof, roof # should face grandstands.
Trophies To Top Three Feature Finishers. Qualifying Heats Are Points Only.
All cars must have four wheel hydraulic brakes in good working order. Brake rotors must be ferrous alloy only.
Center of steering wheel must be padded. Any part of roll cage within drivers reach must be padded.
Stock front firewall is required. A firewall of steel, not less than 22 guage, must be installed between the driver’s compartment and fuel cell area. Full steel floor is required within driver’s compartment. No unnecessary holes permitted.
A metal chain or strap is required under the forward 1/3 of drive shaft. Drive shaft must be painted white.
Fuel tank must be securely mounted inside trunk area with a minimum of two steel straps. Minimum ground clearance of 8" is required. Maximum size allowed is eight gallons. Boat tank or fuel cell is highly recommended.
Battery must be completely enclosed in an approved safety. Box. Battery must be located outside drivers compartment.
Approved racing type seat and four point harness properly mounted to roll cage is required. Crotch belt is recommended. All belts must be in good condition, minimum three inch width and must be dated no more than three years old.
All cars must have an ignition kill switch and fire extinguisher located within reach of the driver when strapped in.
Approved driving suit, gloves, shoes and helmet are highly recommended.
All cars must have a hook or means of quickly lifting car from either front or rear.
POST SEASON AWARDS
In order to be eligible for any post season awards, driver must compete in a minimum of 75%
of events run and be present at banquet for awards presentations.
Alcoholic beverages & illegal drugs or substances are prohibited from Star & Hudson Speedway property or in any area, including parking lots, that is to be considered to be publicly used for operation of speedway facilities. By definition illegal drugs are such as covered by state and federal law.
Any participant, driver, car owner, mechanic, crew member, sponsor, track official or spectator at Star or Hudson Speedway or at any affiliated event sanctioned by Action Racing North East Inc. or Bob Webber Racing Inc. found to be in possession of or under the influence of any illegal, non-prescribed drug will be suspended from competition and evicted from the premises.
All participants in all divisions of competition are considered to be a public figure and by choice have become involved with auto racing and events at Star Speedway or Hudson Speedway fully understanding that he or she must abide by the rules and regulations of its owners and management. Any Participant therefore is responsible for his or her personal conduct involving drugs or alcohol.
Non-prescribed drugs are considered to be those not authorized by a state licensed pharmacist. Any prescribed drug being used by a participant must be reported to the chief steward prior to any competition or pit area related activity by that person.
Any person that is formally charged by a court of law for an illegal drug violation, shall be indefinitely suspended from any and all forms of competition at Hudson Speedways or its affiliated events until such time as the charges are fully adjucated by the judicial process. Any participant convicted of a former drug charge in a court of law will no longer be allowed to compete in any event at Star Speedway or Hudson Speedway, or any affiliated event, for a minimum period of one year from the the date of conviction.
Any participant suspended for illegal drug reasons, as specified in the rules of this policy ,will be granted an appeal within 14 days of the suspension only in the suspended participant files a request in writing with speedway officials or owners. Should this procedure be exercised, a hearing will be scheduled to review all matters concerning such suspension.
A participant suspended for illegal drug reasons as specified in this policy, may apply for re-admission to competition after serving such suspension, and if it is mutually agreed that the participant, at his or her own expense, will produce documentation by a licensed physician with the state of New Hampshire that her or she is drug free during random examinations and urinalysis tests upon the request of speedway management.
ACCIDENTS OR INJURIES
IMPORTANT- Any person injured on Star Speedway or Hudson Speedway property must report claim immediately to race
director or chief steward to assure that proper paperwork for insurance coverage can be timely filed.