This is the Mission of the National DAV Organization and has been copied from their website. It is endorsed by the members of Chapter 85.
We are dedicated to a single purpose: empowering veterans to lead high-quality lives with respect and dignity. We accomplish this by ensuring that veterans and their families can access the full range of benefits available to them; fighting for the interests of America's injured heroes on Capitol Hill; and educating the public about the great sacrifices and needs of veterans transitioning back to civilian life.
Why we exist
As Americans, we know that our young military men and women risk disability and death in the service of our country.
And our government must recognize that these service members are entitled to receive the best medical treatment and benefits that our country can provide.
That is why the Disabled American Veterans organization was founded in 1920. We began to help the disabled veterans of World War I, and we have been there for disabled veterans and their families ever since.
Our mission: Service to disabled veterans and their families who bravely went into harm's way for our nation.
As DAV Past National Adjutant Arthur Wilson has put it: "We must never forget them or allow the value of their contribution to fade from public consciousness. They are our casualties. Their families are our families. And we have an obligation as a grateful nation to do all we can to restore their lives as much as possible."
Chapter 85 's Statement of Purpose & Mission
Our first and most important Mission is :
1) To be of Service to disabled veterans and their families who bravely went into harm's way for our nation.
2) To further promote the interests of this organization and our members to the community.
3) To strive to make a difference by educating the public and expanding our reach.
4) To increase the popularity of our common interests.
5) To add new members so we will be able to grow and expand.
6) To develop relationships and friendships so the organization will become ever stronger.