Loading the player ...
The following benefits are available to an honorably discharged U.S.Veteran
- A burial allowance of up to $300 will b paid to the family if the vertran was receiving V.A. compensation, pension or was properly hospitalized by the Verteran Administration
- A Cemeteryh space in a federally operated cemetery
- $150 burial plot allowance is payable if the deceased veteran was discharged for a disability inccured or aggravated in the line of duty, in receipt of compensation or pension at the time of death, was properly hospitalized by the V.A. or was buried in a state cemtery if the plot has been paid for.l AIf the plot has bee paid for, the allowance will be paid to the funeral home.
- A flag for the funeral service.
- A goverment grave marker where there is no family marker.
- Transportation costs, if the veteran died in a V.A. facility
- A burial allowance of up to 1500.oo when a death was due to a service connected disability
Under some circunstances there are survivors' benefits for spouses and minor children